Even if your guests absolutely love coming to your home, the fact that they had to prepare to leave their home can cause extra work and stress. On top of that, there was the traveling of some form that can wear travelers out before they even reach their destination. Helping them arrive to a prepared and inviting guest room can really start the visit off well!
- First, remove items from the room that don’t belong there.
- Make a little room in the closet for guests to be able to hang clothes.
- Try to have something in the room where they can rest their suitcase, so they don’t have to bend to the floor to get in it.
It’s always good to take a shower in the guest bath to go through the experience to clue you in to anything that could be improved. Here’s a checklist to keep in mind:
- Does the showerhead work correctly?
- Is the tub draining well?
- Are there enough good towels?
- Is there enough hooks or towels bars?
You may want to have a blow dryer in an easy place to find and it’s always fun to have a basket full of travel size bathroom items that your guests may have forgotten.
Then, to be their favorite host, you may choose to have bedside water available and a candle burning in the room when they arrive. To be the ULTIMATE HOST chocolates on the pillow would be the cherry on top!